An Interview With The Author of the Best Selling Novel Few Things Left Unsaid- Sudeep Nagarkar

11 comments
Firstly, I would like to begin with the most basic question, how did your journey with the pen begin?

Most commonly asked question! When I was an engineering student, I never thought Riya
would come in my life. I believe in destiny and the day I met her I explored my creative ideas
in writing.
All I can say is her presence became my passion, her voice became my spark and
her absence made me an author. It was difficult to portray my feelings in limited no of words.

When did you first consider yourself a writer, far from a blogger?

When there are no heads to listen to your pain then you talk alone. When I missed Riya and
sobbed alone I had lost all hopes of coming back to normal life from depression. For self-
motivation I started penning down my days with her which turned into “Few Things Left
Unsaid”. With all love and support of my readers and fans I penned down “That’s The Way
We Met” which is to release on 20th June. Still, I would say I am neither a writer nor a blogger.
Writers are those who think for hours and start plotting. I just try to write what happens around
us in day to day life. Though my both books are inspired from my real-life incidents, everyone
can relate themselves with these books.

What inspired you to write your first book?

Lonely nights and experiences of life

What books have highly influenced your life?

There are many, even if I say my own book then that won’t be wrong as it helped me,
motivated me in all positive ways. But Not Without my daughter will always be in my list. The
struggle of a mother and her tolerance level is portrayed flawlessly.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

No one. When you struggle, have passion in a particular field for years then you choose your
mentor to follow his path. I never thought it that way.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?

There is lot of young talent, and 2012 is no different. However, it’s all about how you present
yourself in front of reputed publishers. Everyone is promoting their work on social networking
sites but most of them have wrong attitude to grab more attention. The guy who has grasped
my attention and has been impressive is Anuj Tiwari. Though his first book is in pipeline but
his attitude and outlook towards life is interesting.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest
book?


Nothing. I have given my best. I have written what I wanted to express. I think I am quite
happy with everything. Everyone at Random House has been extremely supportive and
working with them is a great experience. They were with me whenever needed!

Can you share a little of your current work with us?

 It’s a story about love and relationships. It’s said “Every person who comes in your life has
a role to play. He or she plays it and departs. Life moves on with different characters." Is it
so easy? I met so many couples who end their relation for some or other reason and then
regret.
There are some relationships which are beyond your control. My 2nd book "That's TheWay We Met" shows a relationship that is beyond their control and an unexpected tragedy
changed their course of their lives forever.

Do you have to travel much concerning your books?

Without putting efforts you don’t get anything. If an author needs to travel, he should not give
a second thought. Now, all my launch schedules are almost fixed and I will travel for around a
month. But that’s fun!

What was the hardest part of writing your book?

I think writing an acknowledgement. :D. You need to seriously think on the names you want
to thank for all the support. Even if you miss one name, that person can hit you. :D

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Explore yourself! Don’t get demotivated as patience will test you. Do not let anyone take
advantage of your helplessness. Keep faith in yourself and move ahead in a right direction
with right people. Success is all yours.

Finally, Do you have anything specific that you want to say to our readers
(The TeenMag)?


Do read both the books. “That’s The Way We Met” and “Few Things Left Unsaid”. They are
available on flipkart, infibeam, homeshop18 and all the leading bookstores too. Drop down
your views on it and you can connect with me on Facebook. Love you all and have a healthy
life. It was a nice time interacting with TeenMag. Wish you get all the success.

Book Your Copy Today Itself : 
Flipkart
HomeShop18
Infibeam

-Akhil Ramesh
 For The TeenMag


11 comments:

  1. I love your works Sudeep

    ReplyDelete
  2. Few things left unsaid was amazing..I hope this too will be..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had ordered the new book

    ReplyDelete
  4. Preordered

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your works...Hope the new book too will be amazing. I had ordered it now.!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When is the releasing and is there a launching for this book in Kerala..Please do I know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. dont forget to upload the launching video...it will be nice..this too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Akhil...for an interview with my fav author...loves...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sudeep Nagarkar is one my favourite author, I mean my favourite novelist. Before I came to know about Sudeep and his book, I hate novels and the romance in most of it. My favourite author Dr. Wayne Dyer. But know when I came across Few Things Left Unsaid, I came to know the other side in novels, the reality. And for today when somebody asks me Who is your favourite author, undoubtedly I say Dr.Wayne Dyer & Sudeep Nagarkar. I hope your new book will also hit the records. I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete