An Interview With The Author of I'm Heartless - Vinit Bansal

0 comments
Firstly, I would like to begin with the most basic question, how did your journey
with the pen begin?


Actually, writing has always been my first love since childhood. Initially I was into writing poetry, articles and short stories for school and college magazine but writing a complete novel is what I had never ever thought of even in my wildest dreams. But then an incident happened in my life which carved my thoughts and provided me a chance to meet the author inside me. And now I am doing the thing I love most: writing.

When did you first consider yourself a writer, far from a blogger?
According to me blogging is much more difficult than writing a novel as it needs more time and patience. I believe,I am a very mood driven person and honestly, I am li’l lazy as well,so blogging has never been my cup of tea. Though I am connected to some blogs but I am not very active on any of them. On the other side i feel while penning down a novel ,one becomes a part of the existence of many characters that keep the novel alive. I enjoy the connection wiith these characters as they trigger my emotions and transcend me to a different world altogether.


What inspired you to write your first book?

Actually I always believe that we are living in a world where every human being
is double faced. What we observe in a person is actually his/her external existence
but internally everyone has some hidden desires, fears, dilemmas, fragility and
sometime few untold confessions which he/she fears to accept in public. “I am
Heartless…” is such a confession. When I came to know about it I decided to share it
with all, so that no one repeats the same mistake which the protagonist did. In short,
the story itself inspired me.

What books have highly influenced your life?

Paulo Coelho’s “The Alchemist” and “Eleven Minutes”. I too believe that there
are only two ways to live life, either to be a victim of the situations one faces or to be
a winner and have control over situations. It’s all a question of how we view our life.
In my case I choose the second one.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

Well.. there is no one as such I can call my mentor but yes it was Ravinder’s “I
too had a love story” which inspired me to write “I am Heartless… A Real Confession”.
Only after listening that it was a true story of Ravinder’s life I decided to write my
novel.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in you latest book?

I would like to add some more humour in initial chapters.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?

The book highlights the purest form of human emotions and the small yet
intimate moments of love life which usually is evident in almost everyone but they do
not get noticed. It portrays height of love and friendship, bizarre madness, internal
conflicts, dilemmas and ocean full of sentiments. It touches the heart of every
youngster or for that matter anyone who has ever fallen in love.

Do you have to travel much concerning your books?

No I don’t like to travel much.And as the book is doing pretty well and has gained
the status of a National Bestseller, I guess i have been spared of the rather timesome
activity of travelling.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?

The last chapter! Initially we had thought to conclude the book with a different
climax but then I and Rumana (my biggest support and critic at the same time) sat
down and after many rounds of discussion we successfully reached the point where
we wanted to. Secondly, I am personally very attached to this story. That’s why
I wanted to share the story in its real version only. But being a novice it was little
difficult for me to manage the varying emotions of the characters and adjust its
magnitude as per the circumstances occurring in the novel. But all is well that ends
well. I too managed to get what I wanted.

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Be true to yourself first and then to others. Just concentrate on the purity of
story rather than on other marketing gimmicks because at the end of the day it is only
your hard work and creativity that will take you ahead in this field.

Finally, Do you have anything specific that you want to say to our readers (The
Teen Mag)?


I am very thankful to “The TeenMag” and Akhil for giving me a chance to connect
to my readers and also want to convey my love to all my kind readers for their never
ending support and acceptance.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About Vinit:
Vinit K. Bansal, born in Tohana (Haryana), is fond of reading, writing and composing stories since childhood. He earned his Masters degree from Kurukshetra University and was bestowed awards both at college and university level. He continues to nurture his dream of writing till today and has succeeded in giving shape to his thoughts in this book. As a voracious reader and an avid writer, his vision extends to the realm of social service too. In his own words, “I derive inspiration from India's former President, Prof. APJ Abdul Kalam.” At present, he is working with the State Bank of India in Delhi and loves to pen down his thoughts whenever he finds time.

Contact Vinit:
E-mail
Website
Facebook Fan Page 

Book Review:
Deserves a lot! Nothing less than an appreciation! 
Grab Your Copy Here

 -Akhil Ramesh


Post a Comment