An Interview with Varun Agarwal

0 comments
Firstly, I would like to begin with the most basic question, how did your journey with the pen begin?
I started writing blogs the FB page of my company. That’s how the whole thing began.

When did you first consider yourself a writer, far from a blogger?
So the blogs started getting really famous and people would write to me asking me when the next blog was coming out. Then a lot of people started telling me I should write a book. That give me the initial push/

What inspired you to write your first book?
Most business books are about the big guys like Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Ambanis, and Tatas etc. These guys have been there and done that. While I love their books I could never connect with them because they are at a level I can never think of.  At least not now. I always wanted a book about a guy who just started because that’s someone whom I can connect with. That was my main inspiration. And if I can get the guy reading my book to think if can do it then so can he.

What books have highly influenced your life?
I would say the Life and Times of Howard Hughes.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
Oh definitely Roald Dahl. Though if he were alive he would be horrified with my writing.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
Yup. I'm a huge fan of Chuck Palahniuk. He wrote The Fight Club.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in you latest book?
Improve my writing I guess.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?
So the new book is a sequel to the first one. A lot has happened since the first book and that is what the new book will cover.
 
Do you have to travel much concerning your books?
Nope. Why travel when you can reach out to the entire would through Social Media.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Just writing the book. I've never written before and it one of the toughest things I've ever done.

Do you have any advice for other writers?
I really don’t think I'm qualified to give advice to any authors.

Finally, do you have anything specific that you want to say to our readers (The TeenMag)?
Yup. Don’t think before you take the leap. Take the leap and then do all the fucking thinking.

-Akhil Ramesh 
  


 


Post a Comment