INTERVIEW: Study tips to crack GMAT

0 comments
INTERVIEW: Study tips to crack GMATMihika Yadav scored 690 in her GMAT.  She is now studying PGP at IIM Indore. Mihika shares her study tips with us...

Tell us about yourself? Which course are you pursuing at IIM?
I am an accessory designer and currently pursuing a 2 year full time PGP course from IIM I.
Being trained from NIFT, Creativity is an integral part of my persona. I have always had an inclination towards fashion and dream to build my own Global Fashion retail chain. To fulfil my entrepreneurial dream I have chalked out a career path for myself, which entailed gaining requisite knowledge and experience. I realized to build a brand along with creativity one needs to have business acumen too. And thus, I decided to do an MBA course..

How did you prepare for GMAT?
Having decided to do MBA I started preparing for GMAT. I took a 2 month sabbatical from my job. I started with brushing up basics of quant and verbal through Official Guides.
For verbal I referred to Manhattan Sentence correction and Powerscore Critical reasoning. Quant is fairly easy for Indians and one should focus on solving faster the easier questions rather than cracking hard questions and wasting a lot of time.
As far as IR is concerned one should not fret about it as it is just a warm exercise before you hit the real goal. Though it is widely known but I still want to emphasis on the fact that in any case do not leave the last questions unanswered. There is a huge penalty for it.
Another tip I would like to share is that when you are running short of time and you have to trade off between time and accuracy try the “alternate correct answer” style.
It is self developed style but works wonders. Say you just have 5 minutes and 10 questions to solve. Our tendency is to solve the first 5 questions accurately and then for last 5 just mark randomly. Instead solve alternatevly one accurately and next random guess. This way you don’t end up 5 consecutive wrong questions which again fetch huge penalty.


 *Thanks to India.com


Post a Comment