Interview With Rohit Sharma - Author of Te Amo...I Love You

0 comments
Born in Amritsar, and brought up in Faridabad, Rohit Sharma is a Senior Software Engineer by profession. Working with one of the world's top MNCs, Rohit has successfully represented his organization in USA and England. Apart from being a Gold-Medalistin Engineering (Honors), and earning the title of the Hall of Fame of his college, Rohit successfully represented his college at various dancing and sketching competitions.

His debut intense romance fiction, Te Amo...I Love You began in 2009, after an extensive research on the Spanish culture, which enchanted him completely. After India, Spain is Rohit's favorite country, which can be easily attributed to his passion towards the Barcelona FC.  


In a candid conversation with Aman Jakhar, Rohit Sharma speaks about his life and experiences of journey of literature world.

Congrats Rohit, Your debut book “Te Amo… I Love You” is now approaching reader’s doorsteps. How are you feeling? Are you excited?
Honestly, I am very calm and composed. I know I should be excited, but I think the satisfaction which I am feeling, after a 3.5 year long wait, has overcome my excitement. I am happy, content, and feeling blessed by the response I am getting.

Tell us briefly about your book for our readers?
‘Te Amo… I LOVE YOU’ is a Romance-Thriller fiction. It is the story of Isabella and Aryan…story of their true love, story of their sacrifices, efforts and hope to always stay together. It is the story of honest friendships, ruthless animosity and beautiful bonding between parents and children.

When did you start writing? And, how long did it take you to complete writing the book?
I have been writing since my college days. I started writing with simple poems and songs, but I was never confident enough to share them with the public. It’s only when I started working on  my book, I gained some confidence about my writing. I started working on my book in August 2009.

What was the inspiration behind “Te Amo… I Love You? Love stories have become a favorite topic among the first time writers. What different are you going to offer to your readers?
There are two big reasons behind ‘Te Amo… I LOVE YOU’. 

1. My love for writing. 
2. My passion for Spain. I am big Barcelon FC fan, and my love for Barca eventually converted into my love for Spain. We all have some favorite countries, apart from our own motherland. Mine is Spain, and when I sat down to work on my book, I had only one thing in my mind – Spain. Rest just followed. 
Yes, Love stories have become a favorite topic of debut writers, but my novel is not a chiclit, with due respect to all chiclit writers. ‘Te Amo… I LOVE YOU’ is not my own love story. It is not a college romance. It is not a love breakup kind of a story. It is a matured love story, which tries to convey some strong messages. Moreover, it is based outside India, and highlights different cultures, makes it a lot different from other love stories. Hopefully, readers will feel the difference.

Tell us how much Rohit is smiliar to Aryan?

Those who know me have found similarities between Aryan and me. I always wanted to be a choreographer. I can sketch (a bit), and I can write. I have shown all these qualities in Aryan. And yes, to some extent, I too feel that the culture and ethics which I have shown in Aryan, matches with mine.

Are there any plans afoot to make a film out of the book?

The book has just released, and I, as a writer, have no idea about this. It will depend upon the success of my book. 


What are your promotion strategies for “Te Amo… I Love You”?
I have been promoting it for the last 6 months. I have my group and page on Facebook which is getting a good response. Apart from this, I am promoting it on other social networking sites. I am also doing offline marketing like flex-boards, leaflets, and events.

Can you share your experience with the publisher?

It is satisfying. Mahaveer publishers are very supportive and cooperative. 


Tell us in brief what kind of support you are getting from your parents, relatives and friends?
I think I am blessed to have some really good friends. They are supporting my book a lot, especially on social networking sites. My parents and relatives are happy, and supporting me in the marketing.

Apart from writing, what interests you most?
I love to read, dance, sketch, exercise, cook, drive… I am a man with many hobbies.

Are you working on your next book? Is it also based on romance?
I have finalized a script, after scrapping 6 synopses. I will start the research work from Jan 2013. Romance is an integral part of my writing, but I would love to try Crime Thiller or a Suspense Thriller.

What kind of books do you like to read? Who are your favorite authors?
Sidney Sheldon and Nicholas Sparks. I love to read Romance (not chiclits), Romance-Thrillers, Crime Thrillers and Suspense Thrillers.

Last but not least, any message or suggestions for readers of TheTeenMag?
Write good books, read good books, don’t run for quick fame, don’t run for any best seller tag, simply struggle hard to think and write a good story. Best wishes and love to all.

Thank you so much Rohit .Best wishes to you from TheTeenMag for a refulgent career ahead. May you win heart of millions of readers. 


-Aman Jakhar
(for The TeenMag)


Post a Comment