An Interview With The Author of Love, Me and Bullshit

0 comments
Firstly, I would like to begin with the most basic question, how did your journey with the pen begin? 
It began with writing and it continued with more writing and would end the day i am unable to write which I fear is every second minute.

When did you first consider yourself a writer, far from a blogger?
I guess the day I got published. And I never saw myself as a blogger as I blog little, sporadically and very few read my blog.
 
What inspired you to write your first book?
It looked like a cool thing to have done. I guess I was fascinated with profiles of these young guns who almost always wished that someday they would write a book. I too started thinking that it would look good if I could say, 'I am writing a book' or 'I have written a book' or something along those lines. Then at certain moment I began to feel I have a story to tell. And I decided to give it a chance. It took over 5 years to be able to grasp what that story was that was building inside.
 
What books have highly influenced your life?
None in a remarkably positive way. I used to mostly read comics and suspense novels (Agatha Christie / Sherlock Holmes). if anything they screwed my head and made it full of fanciful imaginary items which don't exist.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
That's a real tough one. But it would be really nice to associate one and see how they think, work, approach their craft etc. But can't think of a particular name.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
On and off. But nothing has kept the interest for long.
 
If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in you latest book?
Either it would be rewritten completely with a new underlying emotional understanding or left as it is. There is unlikely to be minor changes.
 
Can you share a little of your current work with us?
Its a novel called, 'Love, me and bullshit!' It has a regular small town youth as its central character. The story is set against an MBA college. It explores the dimension of fate, duty and ambition and conflicting choices between them.

Do you have to travel much concerning your books?
Not much. Not as of now. No.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Getting started. Telling yourself to keep going and overlooking that small voice telling you its not up to it. Once its done editing and pruning it down is the toughest task.

Do you have any advice for other writers?
Nothing in particular. Advices seldom work.

Finally, Do you have anything specific that you want to say to our readers (The TeenMag)?
Make the most of yourself and your life. Love your family. Pray for everyone. Cheers.


Promotional Video Of Love, Me and Bullshit


 
 

 


Post a Comment