An Interview With Authors of Status Updated

0 comments
Firstly, I would like to begin with the most basic question, how did your journey with the pen begin?
My journey with Pen begins from school but real inspiration came in college. I had written many dramas and other stuffs at school level but never went professionally. It was idea of my Co- Author and good friend Sandeep Jain as he always praised my writings. It was probably what destiny had for me and blessings of my lord that I am an Author today. I had been reading many Novels , but never planned to write as such. But it’s true “Behind every creation there is an accident” and so happened with me. So, this is where my journey with pen begins.

When did you first consider yourself a writer, far from a blogger?
I have always loved to write. It’s such a great outlet. It’s a great way to keep track of where You’ve been, where you want to go, and what you’re feeling. It’s a great release or a great escape. Anyone can write. I grew up with great parents and lots of encouragement. I wanted to be able to give some of that upbringing back to future generations in a positive way. I am little lethargic as well, so blogging has never been my cup of tea. Though I am connected to some blogs but I am not very active on any of them. On the other side with the assistance of Sandeep when I started penning down a novel it made me feel connected to the characters. They evoke me with a different set of emotions altogether.

What inspired you to write your first book?
I was inspired to write my novel because I love fictional writings. I've always enjoyed reading a gripping story about the unreal. Writing a book is really a very tough job. Well I believe every story is inspired by real life in small or large proportions. Nowadays, the youth spend so much time on Facebook and other social networking sites, many of them finding their love and friends there. I’ve always had a fascination for reading and writing.
I and my Co-author Sandeep Jain finally decided that we should share our passion of writing with others. I really hope that people do enjoy reading my work as much as I enjoyed writing it.

What books have highly influenced your life?
Paulo Coelho’s “The Alchemist”, Chetan Bhagat. There are a lot books that have influenced me. Every book that I read influences me but the difference lies in the variation in the degree of influence.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
Well.. there is no one as such I can call my mentor but yes it was Chetan Bhagat “Five Point someone” which inspired us to write STATUS UPDATED… A Real Confession”.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
Yes there are many and there will be many more they are the one inspire me motivate me and give me new ways and ideas to write.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in you latest book?
No, Whatever I had written was apt at that particular point of time. I am not a kind of  person who looks back and regret and then say that “Ohh” I should have done it in that way.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?
Still in the thought process of it. Will let you know soon.

Do you have to travel much concerning your books?
No I didn’t traveled much. And as the book is doing pretty well and around 2500 copies already sold. So, it’s by now famous among the teenage group, I guess I have been spared of the rather cumbersome activity of travelling.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Just writing a book is itself is a toughest job but then I loved writing the novel and working with Sandeep ( my Co- Author) with his immense support we completed the novel. During The last chapter! Initially we had thought to conclude the book with a different climax but then I and Sandeep (my biggest support and critic at the same time) sat down and after many rounds of discussion we successfully reached the point where we wanted to. I have embedded equal amount of emotions in each and every part of this Novel.

Do you have any advice for other writers?
Most importantly: read a lot. You'll learn how to craft a good story by reading a wide variety of different styles and genres. The best writers are voracious readers.
I still feel like an aspiring author right now. The only real advice I can share is that if you love it, never give up. Learn, learn, learn. Write, write, write. Read other people’s stuff, help other aspiring authors. Keep reading for pleasure. Even when you're working on your own novel, it's important to keep reading the kind of books you aspire to write. And don't just read the heavy stuff or the classics. Read the fun stuff, too.
If you love it, hold on to your dreams. Someday, you may achieve them.  Don't get too discouraged and don't give up when you get rejected. But rejections are an inevitable part of being a writer.. All writers get rejected a lot, especially in the beginning. But even experienced, published writers get rejected. You definitely have to develop a thick skin as a writer. Just don't give up.
Follow your heart. Write about what you're interested in and whatever excites you the most.

Finally, Do you have anything specific that you want to say to our readers (The TeenMag)?
I am very thankful to “The TeenMag”  for giving me a chance to connect to my readers and also want to convey my love to all my kind readers. I would like to tell my readers that try to take out a new lesson from your daily life as it has a lesson to teach and a story to tell. Don’t shed your tears and don’t even cry who was not yours but always cure in Love. I wish you luck and success for your future.





Post a Comment