An Interivew With The Author of Journey of Two Hearts - Anuj Tiwari

0 comments
Firstly, I would like to begin with the most basic question, how did your journey
with the pen begin?

I always wanted to do something different from crowd but how and what to do, a big
question. When I was a kid, I used to say my parents, I want to do something different
and every time my mom slapped me and then again, I was back to my studies. But
that spark was still there. When I left home for my engineering then I had enough time
to think about my future and my life, years passed but I had the same thought to do
something different but how and what to do, still a big question. Then that spark was
about to collapse and I started dreaming a good job and salary after my engineering.
During my college days, I fell in love with Pakhi. Life started moving very fast. I never
thought to be an author; I just started writing for her with one wish that I will gift my
diary to her when we’ll get married. But as life has two sides, good and bad, so I was not
untouched with this reality. Then my wish to gift this book fulfilled but in the hospital
when I went through depression for few months. People used to say many things that I
am mad, insane and crazy. But I knew that what I had to do. I stopped talking to anybody
and concentrated to finish my book not because to be an author but to get her back in my
life.
I knew one thing very well, ‘After crossing the ocean of tears, I will definitely find the
way of happiness.’

When did you first consider yourself a writer, far from a blogger?
A big question for me, it seems very awkward when an author says, “I haven’t read even
a single book in my life except school and college books.” But it’s true, I have so many
books in my bookrack and few I started reading but it’s a human tendency to adopt the
things and somewhere I felt the same so decided to learn from life only.
There are two types of writers in our literary world, first who write and then become an
author and second who become an author first and then write. I was out from both of
them, I wrote my for Pakhi and then for my readers and then my readers decided that I
am an author. There is a beautiful relation between an authors and readers; I just love
that relation. I have seen when I was not an author; when people reach at great heights
then they forget those who were their readers someday. But I love to talk to my readers,
doesn’t matter how small or big they are. And might be this is the thing they call me an
author but for they all are my existence. If I am here they there are the reason.

What inspired you to write your first book?
Pakhi is the motivation behind my writing.

What books have highly influenced your life?
As I said, I haven’t read even a single book in my life. My reading is not good. I sleep
when I read the books, so it’s better to accept the truth not to pretend that I am not a good
reader. Only few things, which inspired me are- My life, my parents and those who kicked in my bad phase of life. Whatever I am today just because of them.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
There is always some talent in everybody but we do not accept it. We think about the
dark side before going a step ahead. Success is always at 100th step and we accept the
defeat at 99th. As such, there is specific person whoever teach me anything is my teacher
doesn’t matter he/she is younger than me or older than me and that’s the beauty of
learning of life and mantras of success. If I have few names who put courage in my life-
Robin Sharma, J.R.R Tolkein, Nick Vujicic etc.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
I shall not write any name here, there are very few who actually are on the right way.
Writing is not tough when you listen to your heart. A person kicks a stone and goes
ahead that time an author take it, feel that pain and write a whole book. Our life, success,
happiness, these are all about how you take and how you make it.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in you latest book?
I listen to my heart and it keeps me on the right track. So there is nothing to change in the
book. I couldn’t change the reality in the book because that was not in my hand.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?
If my wishes come true then might be I won’t write and will continue my speech and
conferences, if my soul’s advice or my heart says to write more for sure I will but right
now I am not working on any script. There are few things, which I am writing but that is
related to my youth friends.

Do you have to travel much concerning your books?
I travel for speeches and meets so book goes with that. Few days back I visited Kolkata
for a youth conference. Soon I am planning for Lucknow/Delhi/Bareilly visit.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Sometimes when I tried to write a book, I couldn’t but when I followed my heart it was
easy to write. There are many things in the book which are not supposed to write in the
true story but I did and that was the toughest part to avoid those things.

Do you have any advice for other writers?
Others are far better than me, I am not anyone to give advice. So just work hard because
one day we have all have to sleep, so do something till the day you breathe.
Spread love, else nothing in life.

Finally, Do you have anything specific that you want to say to our readers
(The TeenMag)?

At all, I have nothing to say, I am not any celebrity or great person. I just want to say
to all my readers that I just shared my story with you, I don’t know what readers like or
don’t like. I just followed my soul’s & heart’s advice and wrote on the paper. Being in
depression for six months and completing the book was not easy and I was lost in some
other world. So now it’s up to you how you take the book but I get hundreds of mails
from teens, saying how much they love my book, and I am really surprised about it.
Enjoy reading. Love you all.
Connect with me on Facebook


Grab Your Copy Here

- Akhil Ramesh


Post a Comment